Published Monotype Manuals
The Alembic Press has a small collection of Manuals for various Monotype machines, and these will be listed below, as soon as the data has been loaded into this page. Meanwhile, an abbreviated list is:
Composition and Type & Rule Caster
- Composition Caster Manual (vol 1 & 2), 1970
- Monotype Casting Machine Manual, 4th imp 1966
- Monotype Casting Machine Manual, 1952
- Monotype Display Machine Instruction Book, 1949
- Monotype Caster Instruction Book, 1935 (inc 1 30a insert)
- Casting Machine Adjustment (U.S.A.), 1930
- Monotype Caster Instruction Book, 1928
- Monotype Caster Instruction Book, 1920
- Monotype Keyboard Manual, reprinted 1974
- Monotype Keyboard Manual, 1966
- A Monotype Keyboard Explanation & Diagrams, n.d.
- Monotype Keyboard Operator's Manual, 1952
- Mechanism of the Monotype Keyboard (U.S.A.), 1949
- Mechanism of Monotype Keyboard, n.d.
- Monotype D Keyboard, 1919
- Operating the Monotype Keyboard, 1914
- Monotype Super Caster Manual, 1972
- Monotype Super Caster Product Changeover Procedure, n.d.
- Monotype Super Caster Product Changeover Procedure, 1955
- Monotype Super Caster Manual, 1953
- Monophoto 400 Filmsetter - provisional instructions, 1973
You can link to:
List of Alembic Monotype pages
Alembic Home Page
The International Monotype Memory Project
The Alembic Press
A Fine Press creating and printing limited edition books by traditional letterpress.
This page was written by David Bolton and last updated 18 June 2002.